Sunday, May 2, 2010

::The Good, The Bad, The Ugly::

I think it'll be best to work in reverse.

The Ugly.
Today was a really bad day for my family--us in this house. My brother was set off again. I can't share many other details--as Mum doesn't want anything said, yet--but I really, really hope that he is getting the help he needs now.

The Bad.
I am still sick with the Infectious Kyle Disease. It's like the flu, without the ohmydogI'mgoingtodie! part. I feel bad for Kai--it's been a month now for him. Because of stupid, stupid Saro-chan.
But the excruciating sore throat did not stop me from screaming earlier. Surprisingly.
Now, all of my medications are starting to work less and less. I'm not crippled like I used to be, but it's pretty bad. I am not falling into a pit of despair like I used to, but my thoughts are more bitter than I know they should be. And I still cry for no reason.
I'm hoping the solution is summer.

The Good.
On Friday, I had an appointment with my financial aid counselor at CSUMB. That meant an automatic visit with Kai. But first, the meeting.
My semester bill will look something like this:
Tuition: Something around $2100
Housing: $2720
Meal Plan: $1475
And guess how much the grants will cover? Everything. All I'll need is spending money. That is crazy!! Mum and I were in shock. Still, Mum starts smiling and when I ask, she tells me this is why. It's such a relief.
So, after the meeting, I got to see Kai. Yay! We did what we normally do, our awesome Kai/Blue stuff. Which is a totally weird sentence. Anyway. I checked my email. Who was it?
LUISCAMARA.
Said with a dramatic accent, of course.
Kai and I met up with him so I could give him his son's hat (another happy kitty!) and then we just talked. Randomly. On the sidewalk.
AND THEN THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED.
Friday was the last day of Script Frenzy. I had 35 pages to write in nine hours. It doesn't sound like much, but it is.. pretty huge.
It was a long struggle.
At exactly 11:58pm, less than two minutes before time was up, I saved my PDF; I HAD REACHED 101 PAGES!!

So that was my exciting.. Friday. Hm. I should get a life.

Love and other indoor sports (monkey-hunting!),
Blue Disastrous

No comments:

Post a Comment