Saturday, October 24, 2009

::Already!::

I'm posting like mad and I don't even have any followers. But it is making me feeling better. You know. Writing randomness.
So, anyway, I'm working on English now. And probably annoying the heck out of my teacher, who is cool, but still. I went off into a tangent about how sad it is that I know exactly what is happening on One Life to Live this week.. and every week for the past six months (and before that, every other week for the past, I dunno, ten years?).
It's really sad. Sigh. So, back to work.
I realise I say "so" a LOT. So. Sorry. Tis just a part of me, I suppose.

Edit:
So, here is my English "paragraph outline", on a topic sentence that I wrote from expanding on the general topic "Clothing":

Paragraph Outline:
Topic sentence: There are a few important things to remember when dressing for a metal concert.
I. First, do not dress to impress anyone.
A. The more chains and leather a person wears, the more he or she blends in with the crowd.
i. ..therefore getting lost..
ii. ..and defeating the purpose trying to look unique and impressive.
B. No one is going to care what anyone else looks like anyway.
i. Everyone is there for the music.
ii. The real metalheads will laugh at anyone trying too hard.
II. Remember which band is playing--and who the enemies are.
A. A person does NOT want to anger the fans.
i. A person wearing a Jonas Brothers shirt at Mayhem Festival is likely to get jumped by several hardcore fans.
ii. A person wearing a "*headlining band" SUCKS!" shirt is also likely to get beaten into a bloody pulp.
B. A person also does NOT want to anger the bands themselves, for the same reasons.
III. Whether wearing band merchandise or not, the most important thing is to dress comfortably--leave the fancy stuff at home.
A. Moshing in hardware such as many belts and metal neck hangings (such as chains, collars, and oversized handcuffs) is NOT fun, it DOES hurt, and it WILL make a person look extremely stupid--later, when they are bloody and brusied.
B. Concerts, especially tours with many bands playing one after another, usually go on for hours.
i. A person does not want to be standing for hours in uncomfortable shoes, a constricting shirt, and pants hanging off their bottoms.
ii. Also, it is unwise to wear something that is either nice (why wear it in the first place?) or has sentimental value, because drunken fans WILL spill beer on it, and zombie moshers WILL bleed on it.
Conclusion: Steer clear from anything you THINK will make people impressed, anything that will anger the crowds (or bands), and articles of clothing that will become more trouble than they are worth--at least for tonight, as tonight, we mosh.

Yeah, it's inconsistant in places (with the "a person", "he/she" and "they", and implied "you" commands). Hush.

Love and other indoor sports,
Blue Disastrous

No comments:

Post a Comment