Monday, October 26, 2009

::Ugh::

Life is dreadfully unfair. For many reasons. But my story now is only to say I've been sick for over a week with something that Mum is convinced is the flu. The normal flu, the one that has actually been proven to kill more people per *enter number of daysmonthsyears*. I've missed so much on-site school that I'm going to have to work my ass off to just get back to where I was.
Anyway.
I vividly remember something that was said that was distinctly funny, but now I can't remember. That's what happens when you sleep through literally two days.
Why are people--characters--on soap operas so naïve? Like Amanda on All My Children, who is literally about to be able to use that phrase, as she believes David will miraculously let her go to her husband if she has ANOTHER one of his demon spawn. And Kristina--ugh! She! Is! So! Stupid! I swear, I could kill her happily (in my perfect soap opera world where I love in my head) and move on with my life on the next beat. She not only stays with her physically, emotionally, mentally, and sexually abusive boyfriend (who is also so controlling and stalker-ish that it's just psycho), who she is convinced just loves her, but she also thinks that if Michael tells his dad that Claudia ordered the hit on him that took a year from Michael's life, their dad will call the police like a good man. Um, yeah, a mob boss who is over-protective of his children? He's not going to call the police. He's going to personally kill his new wife without another thought. Even if she was innocent. Which she's not.
So there was my little rant of the day.
What else? *thinks* Well, Grandma is hoarding all the Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters, so Mum had to go get two bags of Snickers to make up for our lack of candy. Also, our fridge/freezer died. So now we have no food (except soup and whatnot).
The Harry Potter soundtracks, for all the movies (except the sixth, I don't have that one), are really dramatic. Like you expect every second, something bad is going to happen. It's really intense. I feel on-edge.
Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm on page 572 of the Goblet of Fire (again). And listening to the soundtrack with it makes me want to go back in time to see it in Imax again, when we were in the front row and the theater was FREEZING and it was like we were right in the movie. It was amazing. I can't wait for the seventh book movies. I'm going to dress for them. Hufflepuff all the way! The real question, though, is whether to stick to the real costume (er, from the movies), or to interpret it and make a gothic lolita version. It would be cute, and I'd be more likely to wear it than the real costume (er, parts of it), but it might just look too costume-y.
Ahaha! Introducing Colin! Tis funny. Whenever I think of Colin, I think of a small nine-year-old boy, though even when we first meet him, he is eleven--and always, of course, a year younger than Harry. Which is really hard to believe, since Rowling really makes it sound like he's eternally a nine-year-old.
*facepalm* Oh geez. Dueling Club. Remember Lockhart and Snape dueling? Yeah! It was great. Though the snake that came from it (well, Draco fighting a bit later with Harry) "attacked" a Hufflepuff. I'm really taking notice of what happens to all my Huffies in the books now. And frankly, there aren't enough of them. Though there are a LOT that are Sorted into Hufflepuff every book (well, every book that has Sorting in it).
What's up with everyone thinking Hufflepuff is the wimpy house, anyway? Sure, some of the students in it are wimpy, but they shouldn't tarnish the whole House's reputation. And really, other than that, the only other mention is when Harry meets Draco (not Sally--hah!) in Madame Malkin's and Draco says something like he'd die if he were Sorted into Hufflepuff. And come on, it's Draco--who, in the book, is very sexy, and in the movie becomes somewhat unattractive more and more--can we really trust what he says? No, we can't. Or we shouldn't.
Plus, we have Tonks! Or, we had Tonks.
Sigh. I'm still thinking a lot about which novel I should write for NaNoWriMo. I'm still heavily leaning on Metempsychosis, which is the novel I have in my NaNo profile, but my other ideas are just.. I really wish I could write five novels in one month and not go completely insane. Maybe if I somehow write the first in a week, I can go to the second. Then the second in that week, the third. Then finishing the third in that week, the fourth.. and the fifth squeezed into the last--oh, two days.
Yeah, that's what I'll do.
My order, then:
-Metempsychosis
-Untitled zombie apocalypse novel
-Murder City
-Someone is Awake
-Untitled novel about parallel universes
And then in April will come Tunnels--first the writing, and then the actual filming--for Script Frenzy.
Oh my. Scary-sounding drama.. must be--I was right. The Spiders. From Chamber of Secrets, which, if you couldn't already tell, I've been listening to the whole time.
Anyway, NaNo. Yeah. I need some more characters, and a bit stronger plot for novels 1, 2, and 5. The others each had a short but dedicated period of time of obsession, so those are completely thought-out, though somehow the others have more importance to write first.
I'm kind of excited for Screnzy, though, since I'll actually film Tunnels--though it kind of freaks me out to see that come to life. I still have a scar from the dream it came from, so.. Amped-up scary horror dream on film? And I'm probably going to be playing myself--come on, low-budget film? Yeah. I can't afford to pay good actors who will act like I want them to. The other, like, two characters (not including the mutilated corpses) can be played by friends/my love, since they'll listen to me.. hopefully.
Afterall, Kai hasn't texted me once in writing this. Which has been half an hour. Which was after another half an hour of not hearing from him. So, kinda sad. But he's busy. As always. Oh well.
Not to dwell.
Oh, goody, a plane is kind of crashing on TV. Which is one of my greatest fears, along with elevators and being slowly murdered and Kai dying.
Enough of that--I must bother my teacher for the work I've missed.
And I smell Dublin Iceland's ice. For some reason. Which makes me really, really miss skating.

Love and other indoor sports,
Blue Disastrous

No comments:

Post a Comment